- Our medical office provides services by appointment only (for both lab and provider services).
- We believe in continuity of care, and thus appointments should generally be scheduled with your own primary care provider.
- There is a $25 fee for missed appointments or appointments cancelled or rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice.
- Patients arriving after their scheduled appointment time may be asked to reschedule.
- Refills are generally provided only at appointments. This is especially true for antibiotics.
Labs and Communications
- The quickest way to get test results is through the online patient portal. You may also use the portal to email your provider or other office personnel, and to make appointments. Do not use the portal for urgent communications: always call the office for that!
- After having a test done by order of one of our providers, you will be notified of the results, primarily through the portal. If you do not hear of the result within 4 weeks, please contact the office. You will usually be notified much sooner than 4 weeks.
- Our office does not draw labs ordered by outside providers.
Care for Children
- We believe that children’s best health will be achieved if routinely recommended vaccines are provided according to nationally recognized schedules. If you have decided that you will not permit routine vaccinations for your child, we are not likely the best office for you and your child, and thus we will typically ask you to obtain care elsewhere.
- A parent or adult guardian must generally accompany minors for office visits.
Routine office visit, established patient (self-pay) $85.00
Routine office visit, new patient (self pay) $125.00
Physical exam, established patient (self pay) $140.00
Form completion* complex (FMLA, disability, utility)** $25.00
Form completion* simple and intermediate level* $10.00-$15.00
Please allow two business days to process insurance referrals.
Some insurances provide full insurance coverage for preventative care visits (no copay). These visits, however, do not generally cover new problem assessment, chronic condition management (high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.), most medication management, and some other situations. When such non-preventative care is provided a separate service is charged in addition to the preventative service and typical copays apply.
What if I need to be admitted to the hospital?
Our medical providers are on staff at Chestnut Hill Hospital but we do not make rounds, a hospital physician will take care of you, we ask you to see us within a week of your discharge when appropriate
We believe strongly that vaccines protect our children and our community, and for that reason, we do not accept new patients (parents) under age 18 who do not vaccinate