A PentaHealth Practice
Mount Airy Family Practice is a PentaHealth Practice
Mount Airy Family Practice is pleased to announce that we are partnering with other physician-run practices in the Philadelphia region to bring you the best care possible.
PentaHealth, a medical group founded in 2020, brings together medical practices that share a common goal of providing personalized, primary care to people. By connecting independent practices, PentaHealth supports what makes each practice unique, and helps them navigate administrative issues such as working with medical insurance companies. This means that our medical providers and staff will have more time to spend with you, our patients.
Mount Airy Family Practice is remaining a physician-run and physician-owned medical practice, just as we have been since 1989. PentaHealth is not a health system: Your care is not being spread across to other PentaHealth group members.
Our goal is to make this change as smooth as possible for you, our patients. You will not experience any change in how you receive care. Your doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and staff, who you have come to know and trust, will continue to care for you. Our office hours and patient portal will stay the same as well. In the future, you will begin seeing the PentaHealth name alongside our logo, on office documents such as invoices, and on our website.
As we move forward as a PentaHealth practice, we are committed to staying true to the values that built Mount Airy Family Practice. We will continue to deliver you the high-quality health care you deserve.
Why did Mount Airy Family Practice join PentaHealth?
- Joining the medical group PentaHealth will help us dedicate more time to patient care, and also help us tap into a larger network of physicians and partners to serve you.
- Joining PentaHealth will allow us to continue delivering excellent health care. PentaHealth’s values line up with ours: We are physician-run, and we prioritize patient care.
What is PentaHealth?
- PentaHealth is a medical group: It brings together medical practices in the Philadelphia region that share a common goal of providing personalized, primary care to people. Formed in 2020, the group centralizes some of the behind-the-scenes administration necessary to navigate today’s healthcare systems.
- By connecting independently-run practices, PentaHealth supports what makes each practice unique, and helps them navigate administrative issues such as working with medical insurance companies.
- PentaHealth is not a health system: Your care is not being spread across to other PentaHealth group members.
Has Mount Airy Family Practice been sold? Did it merge with a health system?
- Not really and no. Joining PentaHealth means that Mount Airy Family Practice has combined our resources with other practices in the group.
- PentaHealth is NOT a health system. Practices in PentaHealth all remain physician-led. Mount Airy Family Practice will continue making decisions at the local level in the best interests of our patients, as we have since 1989.
Can I still see my same provider?
- Yes, your care team will not be interrupted by this change.
- Our physicians, nurse practitioners, and office staff will remain accessible to you in the same location and during the same hours that you are accustomed to. We will also continue to manage our on-call services when the office is closed.
How else will my care be affected?
- Our goal is to make this change as smooth as possible for you, our patients. You will not experience any change in how you receive care. PentaHealth’s top priority is to provide patients with the same outstanding care from the same compassionate medical providers as they have always received.
What other changes can I expect?
- Invoices and billing statements will come from “PentaHealth.”
- You will see the PentaHealth name alongside our logo, included on office documents such as letterheads, and on our website.
When did this change take effect?
- Mount Airy Family Practice officially became a PentaHealth practice in February 2021.